Buckwheat; the world’s healthiest foodPosted on July 19, 2017, by
Our galettes are made with organic buckwheat flour sourced from France.
Buckwheat – a nutrient-packed, gluten-free seed abundantly consumed in Asian countries for centuries – is now becoming increasingly popular in the US, Canada and Europe due to its many health benefits.
While most people think of buckwheat as a whole grain, it’s actually a seed that is high in both protein and fibre. It supports heart health and can help prevent diabetes and digestive disorders. In fact, buckwheat seeds, also called “groats”, are so packed with nutrients and antioxidants − like rutin, tannins and catechin − that they are often called “superfoods”.
Here is a list of buckwheat’s health benefits:
- Improves Heart Health By Lowering Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Levels.
- Contains Disease-Fighting Antioxidants.
- Provides Highly Digestible Protein.
- High Fibre Content Helps Improve Digestion.
- Can Help Prevent Diabetes.
- Doesn’t Contain Gluten and Is Non-Allergenic.
- Supplies Important Vitamins and Minerals.
At Crêpeaffaire, you can enjoy the buckwheat galette savoury or sweet. Our buckwheat galette is made with organic buckwheat flour, water salt and vegetable oil: it is naturally gluten free and dairy free (suitable for vegans). But most importantly the buckwheat galettes are delicious!