Pancake Day 2019 – How to make the perfect pancakePosted on February 20, 2019, by
Pancake Day is just 2 weeks away!!
So here’s the expert guide on how to make the perfect pancake at home. Why not give it a practice this half term with the kids?
🥞 Shrove Tuesday, 5th March 2019 🥞
Did you know?
Pancake Day is later this year as it is determined by Easter & Shrove Tuesday. Easter usually falls on the 1st Sunday after the full moon – so we CAN blame it on the moon light (not the Boogie).
Ready to start Lent after Shrove Tuesday, the traditional of making pancakes on this day is to use up all the treats in the kitchen cupboards!
How to make the perfect pancake at home:
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 125g (organic) plain flour
- 250ml milk
- Some unsalted butter or oil
- In a blender, blitz up the eggs, flour, milk and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the smooth mixture into a large bowl or jug. Let it sit for a couple of minutes at room temperature.
- Melt the butter (or oil of your preference – we’ve heard coconut is all the rage right now) in a medium/large nonstick frying pan on a medium heat. Ensure the butter coats the pan surface by tilting it.
- Pour in a small amount of batter & tilt the pan so that it covers the whole base evenly
- Leave to cook for 1 minute
- When it becomes easy to lift from the sides with a spatula and is turning golden underneath, flip the pancake over (the best bit – give it your best go!!)
- Cook for 1 more minute on this side (until fully cooked)
- Serve hot with your favourite fillings (Nutella, Nutella, or Nutella – right?)
The best crepe fillings for pancake day:
- Nutella (obviously!) – why not upgrade to our ULTIMATE Nutella during Pancake week?
- Mellow Yellow (lemon, butter, sugar)
- Good old Ham & Cheese if you’re thinking savoury!
Keep up-to-date with the latest Pancake Day news on our Instagram account (PS the famous Crepeman will be make an appearance in London for an epic flipping competition!!)
Delivery – order here
Pancake day 2019 brought to your office – City Pantry
Nearest creperie – find it here