Our 2022 Sustainability Promise 🌍
We are a business that deeply cares about the planet and this year, we are dedicated to becoming more sustainable and environmentally friendly. In 2022 we promise to:
- Keep all non dairy milks free of charge
We don’t believe you should be charged for the choices you make, so we’ve made all non dairy milks totally free
- Reducing single use plastics in all stores
By switching our smoothie cups to 100% recyclable, we have saved 64,000 plastic cups from going to landfill
- 100% plastic & PLA free coffee cups
No more plastic – these coffee cups are widely recyclable!
- Our delicious crêpes, waffles and mini pancakes are served on metal plates with steel cutlery when eating-in for most of our stores to avoid unnecessary plastic waste.
- Crêpeaffaire serves all hot drink-in beverages in our ceramic mugs or glass cups to reduce wastage where possible.
- At Crêpeaffaire we only use paper straws across our stores to help reduce the number of plastic straws are thrown away each year- often ending up in our oceans.
- If customers would like to take their crêpes & drinks away with them we encourage you to bring your own reusable cup for your hot drinks, by offering 25p off, to save on plastic waste.
- Our takeaway packaging is all biodegradable, from our takeaway cardboard boxes, on-the-run card cones, paper bags and cutlery!
We are committed to participation in the Sustainable Palm Oil City project. Crêpeaffaire is working with suppliers to ensure that where palm oil is present in our food, it will be sourced from sustainable sources. By doing so we know that we are helping to protect wildlife around the world from the impact of unsustainable agricultural practices.
Refill is a free tap water initiative designed to reduce plastic pollution and promote healthy hydration by making refilling a water bottle easy, social and rewarding! We’re introducing this scheme across many of our stores to ensure you can stay hydrated easily and to reduce the plastic waste within our local communities. Find us on the Refill app here!
Our Food & Coffee
Fairtrade, Organic Coffee
We’re proud to serve 100% Fairtrade Organic Arabica beans, with maximum flavour quality.
Watch our video about our coffee partnership with Puro, a premium Fairtrade certified & organic coffee brand that lends a helping hand to create rainforest reserves in coffee producing countries: Watch our Coffee Video.
Organic & Natural
Our galettes are made using gluten free organic buckwheat flour. We use natural fresh fillings to enhance every mouthful.
Nutrition & Allergens
We want to be as transparent as possible – that’s why we share all our nutritional & allergen information on our website.
Please check our Allergies & Intolerances page for full details.
Free-from (but not free-from deliciousness) – we’ve extended our menu to offer something for everyone! Vegan? Dairy free? Gluten free? Vegetarian? Pescatarian? Lower calories? We’ve got your back!
We offer various alternatives such as:
- Gluten-free vegan buckwheat galette
- Free non dairy milk for our coffees and shakes, including Oat & Soya milk
- Vegan meat and cheese alternatives
- Meat-free crêpes and galettes
- Crêpes under 500 calories
- All our chicken is Halal
*Our stores offer products with peanuts, tree nuts, soy, milk, eggs, wheat and other allergens. While we take steps to minimise the risk of cross contamination, we cannot guarantee that any of our products are safe to consume for people with allergies.
We believe in sourcing quality ingredients that are good for you, the planet and those who produce it. That’s why we only serve Fairtrade coffee at all of our stores across the UK. This supports the farmers and helps to ensure you never get a bitter sip of coffee at Crêpeaffaire.
Charity & Local Support
The local community matters! As part of our Sustainability & CSR strategy, we’re constantly striving to support local charities and communities each year.
Rewards for Great Services & Communities
We offer a 15% discount* to the following services & communities:
- & students!
*T&Cs apply. Must show your valid NHS staff ID card, Blue Light Card, Rewards for Forces, Police or Rescue ID or student ID card. We also ask that you are registered on our loyalty app to claim the discount.